Re: Meta list issue: subject prefixes

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Meta list issue: subject prefixes
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 06:56:28 -0700 (PDT)

--- Akim Demaille <address@hidden> wrote:

> Earnie> --- Ossama Othman <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Out of curiosity, are you guys receiving duplicate e-mails from the
> >> list?  I seem to be getting two copies of each e-mail sent from all
> >> of the GNU lists I'm subscribed to.
> >>

> Earnie> Not all.  Only some.  Akim's posts are being repeated.
>
> ???  If someone has some clues, please tell me what I should do/check.

Well, I got private messages that this very mail was repeated.  I've seen this
thing happen, years ago though, with the Cygwin list but it was a different
problem.  With the Cygwin list, you could pinpoint the problem to a user
bouncing the mail back to the list with the headers.  With the recent
duplication in the autoconf list it must be some server that is forwarding the
mail more than once because the headers don't reflect a problem.  The set of
headers are the same with each copy of the mail.

Since this message only appears once, we can only assume to problem server to
have resolved the problem.

Cheers,

=====
--- <http://earniesystems.safeshopper.com> ---