Re: Files on host vs build

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: Files on host vs build
Date: 04 Oct 2000 18:42:16 -0200

On Oct  4, 2000, Peter Eisentraut <address@hidden> wrote:

> Similarly, it takes the value of SHELL that it gets in puts it into
> various *.sh programs.  Isn't that a violation of the host vs build
> principle?

You have a very good point.

The only solution I can see for this problem is to have both
VAR_FOR_HOST and VAR_FOR_BUILD, instead of just VAR.  When
not cross-compiling, both would default from just VAR, if VAR is set,
but for programs that support cross-compilation, this distinction is
important, and AC_PATH_PROG just isn't enough :-(

Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see
Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden,}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden,}