Re: AC_PROG_CC not working

From: Peter Eisentraut
Subject: Re: AC_PROG_CC not working
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:06:32 +0200 (CEST)

Akim Demaille writes:

> So I am back to something I raised some time ago: why the heck do we
> have to compile to recognize Mingw etc.?  Can't we just uname?  While
> anti-Autoconf (and btw, frankly, compiling __MINGW32__ makes no big
> difference to me), it seems better in that, for instance, it makes it
> possible to enable the support of these kind of machines without
> requiring a C compiler.

ISTM that you don't need uname either.  Why not just compile some file and
check what you got, like non-Cygwin and non-MinGW32 do?  I mean if you do
cc conftest.c -o conftest, and afterwards there is no file "conftest", but
there is a file "conftest.exe" that wasn't there before, that should be
pretty conclusive, no?

--
Peter Eisentraut      address@hidden       http://yi.org/peter-e/