Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:46:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, Alexandre!

> > However, that test sets cross_compiling=yes which is not something that
> > can ever happen in the real life with the bundled /bin/cc.
>
> But there's still some problem there, and the reason the testsuite
> sets this variable is precisely to detect this kind of problem.
>
> Might I ask you to please investigate why it gets in an infinite loop?

Unfortunately, I don't have the access to that machine anymore.

My understanding is that the "bundled cc" doesn't allow any calculations
inside array indices, but _AC_COMPUTE_INT_COMPILE doesn't seem to provide
any fallback (even an error message) for the pessimistic case.

I'll try to reproduce the problem by other means.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin