More about dependencies...

From: Patrick Guio
Subject: More about dependencies...
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:25:12 +0200 (CEST)

Deal all

I refer to my earlier mails about problem with c++ dependencies. I don't
know whether this is a bug but I found out why I could not make
dependencies tracking working correctly.
My code consists of several directories

~
~/src
~/tests
and so on

~/Makefile.am does not contain so much
~/src is a directory with common c++ headers and source codes  while
~/tests contains source codes to build and test.

When I run automake (-a -c --include-deps --force-missing) 'depcomp' were
installed in ~/src and ~/tests but *not* in ~
And there is the problem: when running configure I always got the messages

checking dependency style of g++... none
checking dependency style of gcc... none

until I manually add a ~/depcomp

Then

checking dependency style of g++... gcc
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc

Why is a ~/depcomp necessary in ~/ since I don't have any code there?

Sincerely

Patrick Guio

                                  Patrick Guio
                    Institute of Physics, University of Oslo
                      P.O. box 1048, Blindern, N-0316 Oslo
               Tel : (+47) 22 84 40 60 - Fax : (+47) 22 85 56 71
                        E-mail : address@hidden