Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite

From: David Morgan
Subject: Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:25:19 -0700

Pavel Roskin wrote:

> Hello, David!
>
> > Did you download Neutrino or QNX 4?  My uname -r says H (I hoped for 425!)
>
> It was a 91M ISO image from http://packages.qnx.com/download/qnxrtp.iso
> I think it is called Neutrino.

Neutrino is very different from QNX 4 - it is more Unix compliant - I think :)

> > As was said in other email the fix is to do the proper quoting and have
> > it done consistently - this will probably mean autoconf will then work on
> > QNX 4.
> >
> > So I think the only thing that was broken for 4.25 was the test for
> > CONFIG_FILES.
>
> Nice to hear. I hope somebody will rewrite that statement in a very safe
> manner.
>
> You can also mail me /bin/sh. I hope we'll not be prosecuted for that :-)

But as you don't have the same OS do you still want it?

> > Past that it is then harder to tell for 4.3.5 as the Makefile has problems.
>
> What 4.3.5? QNX 4.3.5?

4.2.5 - seems one typo got by.

> What makefile problems?

The most basic one is that my srcdir is:

srcdir = //1/tmp/autoconf/. . .

With the three . on the end - I'm pretty sure this is a problem.

Previous email I sent addressed the issues that cwd & pwd will return different
results under some circumstances.

I am investigating why I also get a circular dependency on //1/tmp/autoconf/.
(srcdir) once I correct the Makefile and why make is looking for configure.in
in /

> Make sure you are using GNU make. The makefiles on CVS are for GNU make
> only. The distribution tarball will (hopefully :-)) contain makefiles
> suitable for other makes as well.

GNU make is shipped with QNX it is 3.74 and from memory 3.76 does not configure
correctly - surprise :)

Regards
 David