AC_LIBRARY_CHECK and C++ libraries

From: Karsten Weiss
Subject: AC_LIBRARY_CHECK and C++ libraries
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:51:32 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

I'm new to autoconf and would like to know the best way to
check for the existance of a C++ shared library using autoconf.

AC_CHECK_LIB requires a function name. This is a problem with
C++ libraries as their names are mangled. What should I do if
there is no C function in it?

I know that e.g. Corel provides a function with C linkage in
their C++ class libraries which can be used with AC_CHECK_LIB.
Is this the "official" recommendation for C++ library
developers who want to support autoconf?

Thanks in advance,
               Karsten

--
Karsten Weiss   | address@hidden, address@hidden or