Re: Backquotes in quotes in backquotes (Was: Success (mostly) with the t

From: Daniele Arena
Subject: Re: Backquotes in quotes in backquotes (Was: Success (mostly) with the testsuite)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:32:16 +0100 (CET)

On 30 Nov 2000, Akim Demaille wrote:

> Daniele> As for the Solaris8 tests, I will try to rerun them. Maybe I
> Daniele> did something wrong which blew all up?
>
> I don't think so.  But I had the strange impression that some stuff
> has be executed concurrently, and it should not have.  But frankly,
> that's impossible, although it was the most ``likely'' explanation for
> many of the bizarre results.

Hmm... I really dunno. See the mail I sent you on the shells (right before
I read this one).

> I can't understand where the exit 255 is coming from.  Since it's
> >127, it seems to mean a signal caused the exit, but I still don't
> understand anything.  I'll need a lot of help from you :(

I can't really promise anything, since I am working to get a release ready
myself... And this has priority, since they pay me for that:). I'm running
all these tests on the background, as you can imagine, and I don't really
analyze them too much. For the moment, I can be an "unthinking arm", if
you like. I can run tests and report the results.

A plus

Daniele.