Re: AC_CYGWIN etc. (Was: AC_OBJEXT again)

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: AC_CYGWIN etc. (Was: AC_OBJEXT again)
Date: 14 Dec 2000 10:21:00 +0100

>>>>> "Alexandre" == Alexandre Oliva <address@hidden> writes:

Alexandre> Well, then I think it's a bug in the cross compiler.
Alexandre> Incidentally, I do have a patch for GCC that fixed the
Alexandre> extension conventions, but it can't be applied because it
Alexandre> breaks the build because of autoconf-related issues.  Catch
Alexandre> 22 :-(

Any way out?

Alexandre> I guess we'll have to retain the host checking of Cygwin,
Alexandre> Mingw and OS2 and explicitly set EXEEXT to .exe if host is
Alexandre> any of these :-(

We don't need to test them all!  For instance CYGWIN should not be
reactivated.