Re: Expanded rules for scripts

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: Expanded rules for scripts
Date: 16 Dec 2000 14:13:58 -0200

On Dec 15, 2000, Akim Demaille <address@hidden> wrote:

> | > Even GNU make would not let you do it.
> |
> | This is indeed definitely wrong and I don't know of any make where I've seen
> | this working but, to be honest, discovering once it was not working I
> | stopped trying :-)

> I must be missing something: why is it that clear it's wrong?

It's not really wrong, it just doesn't do what you want.

It means ``build the file named .sh out of'', not ``build out of %, with the additional dependency on''.  I
think :-)

Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see
Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden,}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden,}