HOWTO get content of config.h into a userdefined header (for distributio

From: Oliver
Subject: HOWTO get content of config.h into a userdefined header (for distribution)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 11:55:36 +0100

Hi,

I've made a litle library-project with GNU-autoconf/make/libtool. My library
depends on the content of config.h which tests for some header files. If some
other project (which uses autoconf) would use my library ithe config.h
files would collide. So I want the content of config.h into my header common.h
which I can reference in the headers of my lib. I tried following in config.in:

AC_CHECK_HEADERS(signal.h)
AC_OUTPUT_COMMANDS(
if test x$ac_cv_header_signal_h = xyes; then
        echo '#include <signal.h>'  >> libdir/comon.h
fi)

This should create a file common.h which contains someting depended of what
configure has found. But this doesn't work.
Please, can you give me some help?

with regards,
Oliver