Re: Change request: file names

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Change request: file names
Date: 18 Jan 2001 15:30:24 +0100

>>>>> "Alexandre" == Alexandre Oliva <address@hidden> writes:

Alexandre> Not if acversion.m4.in appears after acversion.m4 in the
Alexandre> tar-file.  In this case, it would be overwritten.

Pfff.

>> Nevertheless, you'll see that the test suite uses config.hin to
>> make your life easier.

Alexandre> How about using .m4in instead?

Gross.

>> | It would also be more consistent with the naming conventions |
>> autoconf uses for templates (name + .in).

>> Agreed, _because_ of the last argument.

Alexandre> Ditto.  .sh and .pl should be scripts, not files that have
Alexandre> to be preprocessed to become scripts.  These should be
Alexandre> .shin and .plin

Well, if we created autoconf.sh, but since we create autoconf,
autoconf.in is enough.  I suppose .pl and .sh were first used to make
it easier to write the Makefile rules.  Since they are now fully
expanded...