Re: AC_OUTPUT_COMMANDS

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: AC_OUTPUT_COMMANDS
Date: 24 Jan 2001 08:08:53 -0200

On Jan 24, 2001, Akim Demaille <address@hidden> wrote:

Ralf> * The CONFIG_FILES section trashes variables a user explicitly
Ralf> sets in AC_CONFIG_COMMANDS.

> Huh?  I'll reread your message about that.  But of course if the user
> uses Autoconf variables... :)

srcdir should not be trashed.  My understanding is that it is.  Maybe
I mis-read Ralf's posting?

Ralf> * srcdir given random contents in AC_CONFIG_COMMANDS

> Should remain constant to point to configure.in.

Yep.

>>> So I think the case is closed.  ?
Ralf> No, I disagree. (Check out config-ml.in and see how it is
Ralf> applied with automake in newlib.)

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/config-ml.in

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}