Problems with GMP

From: Jorge Andres Devoto
Subject: Problems with GMP
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:22:48 -0300

Hi,

I am having some problems when I try to use autconf with the gmp
library. I have the library installed
in /usr/local/lib. For example I have /usr/local/lib/libgmp.a.

The problem is that if I have a configure.in with the lines

AC_CHECK_LIB(gmp, mpz_init, ,
                                   [echo "** Cannot find gmp library
**"])

It can not find the library.

If this help, the variable LDFLAGS contains the path /usr/local/lib

Any help will be welcomed. Please answer to my e-mail address

address@hidden

Thanks

Jorge Devoto