How do I build debug versions?

From: Shameek Basu
Subject: How do I build debug versions?
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 20:20:48 -0800

Hi,
    I am a newbie to the autotools, and needed some help with a project I am working on.

    I want to be able to generate a Makefile that takes some command line params and accordingly sets or does not set the "-g", "-O" etc flags. I don't want them to be parameters to the configure script since I do not want separate makefiles to be generated depending upon whether I am building a debug/release build.

    Also, I want to be able to detect the type of system I am building on, and deposit the image in $ROOT/systemtype/buildtype, where systemtype can be linux/solaris etc and buildtype will be debug or release. How can I achieve this while using the autotools?

    I also want to be able to put the obj and other intermediate files in a subdirectory of the directory where all the sources and makefile is.

Thanks
shameek

Shameek Basu

iVAST, Inc.