Re: autoconf test ': >emtpy' problem under Ultrix

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: autoconf test ': >emtpy' problem under Ultrix
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:07:15 -0700

I missed something along the way and could not find it in the mail
archive.  Could someone recap why the following is not a good way to
create empty files?  It should be a defined behavior for all POSIX
shells.  I understand that the subject line implies that this does not
work under Ultrix.  I am just in disbelief and would like a
clarification of how it fails under Ultrix.

  : > empty

Bob