Re: Avoid having PACKAGE and VERSION defined in config.h

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Avoid having PACKAGE and VERSION defined in config.h
Date: 22 Mar 2001 17:14:50 +0100

>>>>> "Jeremy" == Jeremy Slade <address@hidden> writes:

Jeremy> How can I prevent the macros PACKAGE and VERSION from beinng
Jeremy> #define'd in my config.h?  As I understand it, it is
Jeremy> autoheader that generates the config.h.in from configure.in --
Jeremy> is there a way to prevent this via autoheader, or do I have to
Jeremy> munge the config.h.in after autoheader makes it?

`AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE'
     Runs many macros that most `configure.in''s need.  This macro has
     two required arguments, the package and the version number.  By
     default this macro `AC_DEFINE''s `PACKAGE' and `VERSION'.  This
     can be avoided by passing in a non-empty third argument.