Re: Confusing/bogus message in config.log

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: Confusing/bogus message in config.log
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:30:50 +0200

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 07:31:23PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
: Lars J. Aas writes:
: > -                         [configure (AC_PACKAGE_STRING) AC_ACVERSION])])
: > +                         [AC_PACKAGE_STRING configure, by GNU Autoconf
AC_ACVERSION])])
:
: A Gnits dude would probably prefer
:
: configure (AC_PACKAGE_NAME) AC_PACKAGE_VERSION
: generated by GNU Autoconf AC_ACVERSION

Or

configure (AC_PACKAGE_STRING)
generated by GNU Autoconf AC_ACVERSION

This depends on whether or not you believe the version number of the
configure script follows the version number of the package.  I don't
think a configure-script really has a version number in that sense -
it should in that case be a combination of the configure.in-revision
and the autoconf version, but that's just me.

  Lars J