Re: Confusing/bogus message in config.log

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: Confusing/bogus message in config.log
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:14:42 +0200

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 08:29:19AM -0500, Derek R. Price wrote:
: I also don't see a reason why it would be very useful to maintain a version
: on a configure script separate from the pacage version.  Anyone else?

If you follow development sources through CVS, it can be a good idea, but
using AC_REVISION() solves that issue.

:     configure (generated by GNU Autoconf AC_ACVERSION for
: AC_PACKAGE_STRING) AC_PACKAGE_VERSION

AC_PACKAGE_VERSION is part of AC_PACKAGE_STRING, and I think it will look
strange when you get the same version number twice like

  ... (GNU Emax 19.34) 19.34

Using the PACKAGE string that doesn't contain the version will perhaps look
better.

  Lars J