RE: 2 DJGPP-specific files: in distro or only in DJGPP package

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: RE: 2 DJGPP-specific files: in distro or only in DJGPP package
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:43:01 +0200

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 05:03:43PM +0200, Tim Van Holder wrote:
> : I'd like to add a djgpp subdirectory containing 2 files: a
> : README for the DJGPP port, and a config.site for use on
> : systems running DJGPP.
>
> What do you describe in the README that is specific for DJGPP?
Just a few caveats, and how the DJGPP differs from the 'official'
tree (probably including the diffs).
There are a few tweaks I have that are useful for the DJGPP port
(such as defaulting the prefix to /dev/env/DJDIR instead of /usr/local)
but probably should not be in the official distro.
Also, I mention they need the included config.site and list the
packages needed to run autoconf (unlike most other systems
autoconf runs on, DJGPP platforms don't necessarily include
m4, awk, fileuitls, textutils, etc.).

> : Other files may be added later.
> : Is it allowed to add these to the official tree, so they end
> : up in the release tarballs, or should these only be part of
> : the DJGPP package?
>
> I'm against having separate distributions for separate ports, so I'd
> prefer it if the necessary info is integrated with the Autoconf trunk.

Okidoki - will add 'em after the 2.50 release.