Re: macro doc inconsistencies

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: macro doc inconsistencies
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 13:55:22 +0200

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 09:02:15PM +0100, Gary V . Vaughan wrote:
: On Sunday 15 April 2001  4:00 pm, Lars J. Aas wrote:
: > If we could merge the macro reference documentation with the m4 files and
: > get it extracted automatically, it would be a breeze to keep the doc
: > consistent with the implementation, and since the doc would be located
: > with the macro it would be more tempting to update the documentation when
: > we're working on a macro.  Creating an "autodoc" system for this wouldn't
: > be trivial though, as you need to consider macro ordering for the texi
: > document, etc.
:
: I almost dare to mention that I have a gawk script that will already more or
: less do this -- it ships with snprintfv, available from my homepages.  But
: then I thought better of it and decided not to since I'd probably be
: flamed... even if I volunteered to tweak it as necessary to make it work with
: m4 input files.

I was thinking m4 would be the most suitable language to implement this in.

  Lars J