Re: AC_OUTPUT vs m4 nesting limit

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: AC_OUTPUT vs m4 nesting limit
Date: 15 Jun 2001 15:18:13 +0200

| Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:
| |> BTW, you might want to use several AC_CONFIG_FILES.  Using a single
| |> huge AC_OUTPUT seems bizarre to me.
|
| That does not help, since AC_CONFIG_FILES just collects the files.  They
| are actually processed by AC_OUTPUT.

Hm... but IIRC there is no M4 loop to output the code in AC_OUTPUT.
ISTR it was implemented via a diversion.

Are you talking about 2.50, or 2.13?  No no, there was no loops in 2.13.

Actually, the limit you might be hitting might be due to the macro
which checks that there are no duplicates :(  So it's even worse than
just AC_CONFIG_FILES, as it includes AC_CONFIG_(HEADERS|COMMANDS|LINKS).