bad config.h on Solaris 8

From: Ed L Cashin
Subject: bad config.h on Solaris 8
Date: 18 Jun 2001 21:15:49 -0400

Hi.  I haven't been able to find mention of this problem elsewhere: on
Solaris 8, my autoconf-generated configure script fails to relate test
results to the generated config.h file.

However, removing config.cache and re-running configure *does*
generate a correct config.h file.  This pattern is repeatable: unpack
sources; "./configure && make" fails because config.h does not reflect
the test results recorded in config.log; remove config.cache;
"./configure && make" succeeds because config.h now reflects test
results correctly.

  address@hidden integrit-3$ uname -a
  SunOS usf-cf-sparc-solaris-1 5.8 Generic_108528-05 sun4u sparc

Rather than including and acconfig.h here, I'm including

Thanks in advance for any pointers or advice.  My head feels fuzzy!

--Ed Cashin                   PGP public key: