Re: Making configure.in so the good compiler is choose

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: Making configure.in so the good compiler is choose
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:28:49 +0200

David Burg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Well, two weeks ago all was fine. A simple
>
> ./configure --host=arm-linux --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
>
> was at last working correctly.
Only if using autoconf > 2.13

> As you can see, it choose the wrong compiler unless I force it. But I have
> check in cvs, the configure.in is not changed at all.
>
> Why does this computer hate me ??? I guess there is something that changes
> on my linux, I know I have updated from a Suse 7.1 to a Suse 7.2 but I don't
> understand what may have change...
So you probably have downgraded autoconf to 2.13.

> Any clue ?

You probably are suffering from one or more issues from this list:
* having downgraded autoconf
* having mixed up autoconf-2.13 and autoconf > 2.13
* having screwed up your $PATH and now don't have autoconf > 2.13 as
first autoconf in $PATH.