Makefile.in

From: frank . schafer
Subject: Makefile.in
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 16:10:11 +0200

Hi there,

I've only a simple question. I try to understand the functionality of
autoconf (maybe later on automake).
So I went to the online docs and started to read (Now I'm using the info
site, that's a bit quickier.).
So far, so good. There is a description of configure.in, how to create
it, of the macros, there is said, that a Makefile.in is needed, ... ???
... ---- HEY??? How the hell should this MAKEFILE.IN look like, and what
should it contain? I can't find any description about this -- nowhere.
:o(

Can anybody give me a hint, how to learn something about this?

Thanks in advance
Frank