Re: detecting required libraries in AC_CHECK_LIB

From: Steve M. Robbins
Subject: Re: detecting required libraries in AC_CHECK_LIB
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 23:32:14 -0400

Hi,

In the interest of completing the mail archive:

I've uncovered the cause of my trouble last month.  It turns out that
the linker searches the directories listed in /etc/ld.so.conf when
looking for shared objects.  Somehow, that file got changed to mode
600.  Since I couldn't read the file, the list of directories was
empty and I got the error messages from the linker.  Resetting the
permissions fixed it up.

-Steve

--
by Rocket to the Moon,