Re: /lib/cpp again

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: /lib/cpp again
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:17:53 +0200

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 02:07:46PM +0200, Akim Demaille wrote:
: Also, (the question might have already been asked, but I confess the
: answer escapes me): why don't we AC_CHECK_TOOL for cpp?  And then fall
: back to /lib/cpp if available.

What escapes me is why there is a fallback on /lib/cpp in the first
place.  I can agree that /lib/cpp should be tested, but it should not
be the outcome if it fails some simple test.  BTW, could missing be
used for this?  Make a hack cpp implementation in awk for missing or
something :)

  Lars J
--
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.