Re: Reverse AC_REQUIRE and AC_CHECK_TYPE changes?

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: Reverse AC_REQUIRE and AC_CHECK_TYPE changes?
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 20:48:55 +0200

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 08:26:16PM +0200, Akim Demaille wrote:
: >>>>> "Adam" == Adam J Richter <address@hidden> writes:
: Adam>         Anyhow, my feedback is fairly simple: there are two changes
: Adam> that I keep bumping into that tend to make a lot of work, and I
: Adam> don't get the sense from the autoconf.info file that they were
: Adam> really all that necessary:
:
: Adam>         1. AC_REQUIRE cannot be called from top level.
:
: It will not change.  Never.  Because it makes no sense, and is
: dangerous.  I might detail in the documentation why we can't ensure
: the REQUIRE semantics at the top level, but I won't try to make it
: work.

I think Adam wants a macro, lets call it "AC_ENSURE_INVOKED([MACRO])",
that doesn't do dependencies between macros, but does make a dependency
between having invoked the macro, and the point of the ensurance
macro invokation.  That would have meaning at the top-level.  Is such a
macro desirable?  I don't have a need for it, so I'm just asking...

  Lars J
--
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.