passing configure options via AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS

From: Paul Martinolich
Subject: passing configure options via AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:00:34 -0500

I have a configure.ac in which I conditionally configure additional
sources that have their own ./configure scripts.  Using AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS
works great.  But, now I'd like to pass some configure options that I
don't use in my top-level configure.  How can I pass these to the individual
configure scripts?  The autoconf documentation indicates only that these
child-executions of ./configure will receive the same aguments as the parent
configure script.  Is there any way to change these arguments?

Paul