Re: autoconf-2.52 & Mac-OSX/Darwin (fwd)

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: autoconf-2.52 & Mac-OSX/Darwin (fwd)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 13:35:15 +0200

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 03:57:07PM -0700, address@hidden wrote:
: config.status: creating Makefile
: sed: 35: /tmp/cs9311-3997/subs-1.sed: unescaped newline inside substitute
: pattern

I don't know if this was followed up on, but it seems this problem is still
in CVS Autoconf, but only for source-dir builds (not for separate builddir-
builds).

The problem is that the sed expressions in question end up as two lines
because some path variables end up in config.status like this:

s,@MAKEINFO@,${SHELL} ~/coin/Coin/cfg
/Users/css/coin/Coin/cfg/missing --run makeinfo,;t t

It think I read somewhere (here?) that the MacOS X shell outputs the
directory name when it CDs to a new directory.  It seems like this is what
configure is picking up on when it is trying to get $auxdir (I'm using
AC_CONFIG_AUXDIR([cfg])).  I could only find it in relation to the auxdir
variable, so it may be fixed for the other instances of this problem...

  Lars J