From: John Poltorak
Subject: GNU PATCH
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 12:28:15 +0100

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate list to mention GNU PATCH, but
I'll try anyway, since it involves

It seems that PATCH appears to have reached maturity or to have 'stabilised'
in IBMSpeak, since there have been no updates to v2.5.4 for a couple of
years, AFAICT... I'm wondering if a change could be made to
to include AC_OBJEXT and make a corresponding change to this line:-

AC_CHECK_FUNC(getopt_long, , [LIBOBJS="$LIBOBJS getopt1\$U.o getopt\$U.o"])