Re: A beta? 2.52e?

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: A beta? 2.52e?
Date: 24 Oct 2001 16:31:10 +0200

>> From: Akim Demaille <address@hidden> Date: 19 Oct 2001 18:50:14
>> +0200
>>
>> How about going for a release?  Is there any *new* problem since
>> 2.52?

Paul> I suspect there will be some problems due to all the
Paul> changes/bugfixes introduced since 2.52.  I'm worried about the
Paul> LINENO / exec-bash stuff, for example.

Agreed.  That's why pushing a beta might help finding more about this
issue.  The one you raise, C-c while writing $0.lineno, can be solved
using a tmp file, then an mv.

If we have a beta, we can ask people who have automated portability
tests to exercise it.

Paul> If you generate a new version in the 2.52x line, could you
Paul> please call it 2.52f instead of 2.52e?  A version calling itself
Paul> "2.52e" has already escaped (due to my overenthusiasm :-).

:)

OK, of course.