Re: FHS

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: FHS
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 14:01:38 -0500

Except that datadir is for read-only architecture-independent data, and man
pages are not architecture-independent.  Granted, it is possible to
reorganize the subdirs into arch-specific subdirs, but that is not presently
the case.  Also, different machines may have different versions of software
that requires different versions of man pages.