Re: Problem with autoconf v2.52f

From: John Poltorak
Subject: Re: Problem with autoconf v2.52f
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 20:10:25 +0000

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 10:20:14AM -0800, Paul Eggert wrote:
> > From: "Thomas E. Dickey" <address@hidden>
> > Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:55:49 -0500 (EST)
> >
> > I'd try replacing it with a single-quote.
>
> I'd try replacing
>
> \_ACEOF
>
> with
>
> '_ACEOF'
>
> uniformly throughout the configure script.

The configure script was created by autoconf, so it doesn't sound like the
correct thing to do.... however, I've just tried running through exactly
the same process again and get a different error, so the error above may
well be a red herring. This time I'm consistantly getting:-

+ ./configure --prefix=/usr/test
CONFIGURE.: creating cache /dev/null
.\CONFIGURE.[1003]: syntax error: `esac' unexpected
+ make

I can't see why this should be in uppercase with '\' instead of '/' but
this is at a later point than than the original error. Maybe a reboot is
in order...

--
John