Re: excaping the , seperator

From: Glenn McGrath
Subject: Re: excaping the , seperator
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:29:11 +1100

On Mon, 04 Feb 2002 21:33:14 -0800
"Bruce Korb" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Glenn McGrath wrote:
> >
> > Im trying to modify dmalloc's configure.in to use gcc as a linker
> > instead of ld.
> >
> > I added the lines
> >         if (gcc -shared -Wl,-soname conftest.so -o conftest.so.t
conftest.a)>
> > I think autoconf is using the comas as seperators
>
> Yes, M4 is.  Could you please humor me?  Could you
> try to develop this as a stand alone macro using
> this macro development page and let me know how hard
> or easy it was for you:

Well, i really dont know much about m4 to say how good the result is,
anyway...  - when putting in the test program i wasnt sure how the line
wrapping was going to make things turn out - tabs can be pasted in, but
not added once your in there.

I really had 3 tests, first try gcc, then ld format 1 then ld format 2
then fail, the substitution variable is set at the end of each of these
3 tests. So it didnt really fit in with the pre-defined format. I could
have done 3 seperate macros and each of those would fit in easily i
think, but i would still need a way to combine them.

I ended up just putting it all in the first test code box, and it
generated something.... not sure what to do with it though :)

Generally the web page layout etc looks good.

Glenn