Re: Apologies (Was Re: AC_INIT translates PACKAGE to lower case)

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Apologies (Was Re: AC_INIT translates PACKAGE to lower case)
Date: 05 Feb 2002 11:18:00 +0100

>>>>> "Ralf" == Ralf Corsepius <address@hidden> writes:

Ralf> Probably, I said that.

Ralf> The problem I have with regard to m4_define() is that it is not
Ralf> autoupdate-able, or at least very difficult to apply autoupdate,
Ralf> AFAICT.

Ralf> Having specialized macros AC_SOMEMACRO it become much easier to
Ralf> automatically convert configure.acs and aclocal/*.m4s. That's
Ralf> why I am against using m4_define on the user-side of autoconf.

You made a point.

Still, AC_INIT/3 has been released since 2.50, so it cannot be
changed, and I'm against duplication (There Shall Not Be More Than One
Way To Do It In A Serious Environment).  If you prefer a macro for the
tarball, send a patch.