Installation directory for misc. documentation

From: Peter Eisentraut
Subject: Installation directory for misc. documentation
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 20:22:19 -0500 (EST)

This is the 256th time this is brought up, but could someone please do
something about it.

Almost every software package in existence needs to install some
documentation that is not in info or man format (e.g., such rarely-used,
unheard-of formats like HTML and PDF).

The idea of adding --docdir has been popular in past discussions.  I like
it, but I don't care what it is as long as something happens.

--
Peter Eisentraut   address@hidden