AC_DIVERT_PUSH and autoconf2.52

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: AC_DIVERT_PUSH and autoconf2.52
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 13:35:39 -0800

I need to cross-compile glib, and that's easier to
do with autoconf2.52 than with the old autoconf2.13.

However, glib's configure.in,
http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/glib/configure.in#18
uses the macro AC_DIVERT_PUSH which is not a documented
part of autoconf, and which no longer works the same way
in autoconf2.52 (autoconf2.52 fails, complaining of a
non-numeric argument to divert).

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/autoconf/2001-08/msg00021.html
mentioned this issue, and said 'we'll have to find some
other way to handle this'.

Any suggestions for how to fix the use of AC_DIVERT_PUSH?

Or any chance it could become a published macro with
interface identical to that of the internal 2.13 one?

Thanks,
Dan