Re: AC_CPLUSPLUS doesn't work

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: AC_CPLUSPLUS doesn't work
Date: 04 Mar 2002 16:19:22 +0100

>>>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Seefeld <address@hidden> writes:

Stefan> hi there, I'v run into another problem with autoconf 2.52:

Stefan> at some point, I set the language to be used to C++, as I code
Stefan> in C++ and want all tests to be performed with C++.

Stefan> However, the language is automagically set back to C before
Stefan> the actual tests are performed, such that some tests fail. I
Stefan> browsed the generated configure file (*shudder*), and it
Stefan> appears that AC_LANG had indeed been called quite a couple of
Stefan> times after I called

Stefan> AC_LANG_CPLUSPLUS.

Stefan> (by the way, adding comments to each macro in the generated
Stefan> output ('configure') would really help to make the whole more
Stefan> intelligible !)

Stefan> Any help would be highly appreciated. For example: what macros
Stefan> call AC_LANG themselfs ? Should there be *any* macro calling
Stefan> this ? I thought this kinda defeats the whole purpose of that
Stefan> feature...

A small test case please.