Re: Missing test for optional libraries?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Missing test for optional libraries?
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:56:01 -0800 (PST)

> From: Lars Clausen <address@hidden>
> Date: 06 Mar 2002 13:07:48 -0600
>
> Earlier we used hand-built macros to check for Freetype, but since
> we have to check the version, we now use the AC_CHECK_FT2 macro.

AC_CHECK_FT2 is not part of Autoconf, so possibly this is a problem
with your definition of this macro, not with Autoconf itself.

> ./configure: line 6267: syntax error near unexpected token
> `AC_CHECK_FT2(2.0.5,'
> ./configure: line 6267: `  AC_CHECK_FT2(2.0.5,'

This looks like the macro AC_CHECK_FT2 was not defined.  It needs to
be defined to valid shell commands, even if those commands are not
executed; otherwise the shell script won't parse.