net-snmp and uClibc

From: Arne Jonsson
Subject: net-snmp and uClibc
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 12:44:49 +0200

Hi!

I'm trying to crossmake a "small" snmp agent using the net-snmp package
(cross to ARM that is).
In order to make it "small" I'm using the uClibc C-library.
This works OK, i.e it compiles and links (I haven't tested it yet).
But, when configuring the net-snmp package the autoconf tools
checks for a number of C-functions. These checks are made towards
the GCC-compiler libs and NOT towards the uClibc as I would like.
This leads to a number of "HAVE_xxx" that I later have to undefine
as the uClibc doesn't have some of the functions as GCC have.
Is it possible to specify which lib that autoconf should check against?
I tried to read the mailinglists but I could not find an answer
(or didn't understand it).

Best regards,
/Arne Jonsson
--