Re: Bad configure scripts generated with Autoconf 2.52 and 2.53

From: Peter Eisentraut
Subject: Re: Bad configure scripts generated with Autoconf 2.52 and 2.53
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 18:25:09 -0500 (EST)

Patrick Hartling writes:

> autoupdate is interesting, but I don't necessarily want to require the
> use of versions >=2.50 just yet.

Well, you can't have it both ways.

> Even so, running autoupdate and adding []'s liberally does not fix the
> syntax errors in the generated 'configure'.  I've attached the
> resulting configure.in.

Quoting the arguments correctly and inserting the missing second argument
of AC_CHECK_LIB makes it work for me:

AC_INIT
AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([.])
AC_PROG_CC
AC_CHECK_LIB([m], [main],
   [AC_CHECK_HEADER([math.h], [echo "Hello"],
      [AC_MSG_ERROR([*** Header not found (oops) ***])])])

--
Peter Eisentraut   address@hidden