Re: configure problem - ./configure succeeds locally but not remotely

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: configure problem - ./configure succeeds locally but not remotely
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:14:55 +0200

>>> "Alain" == Alain BARBET <address@hidden> writes:

 >> checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... ./configure: cd: conftest: Not a
 >> directory
 >> rm: cannot remove `conftest': Input/output error
 >> rmdir: conftest: No such file or directory
 Alain> ...
 >> config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in

 Alain> Sound like a I/O error in directory where you run configure. I have
 Alain> that if I try to run a configure script with linux on a win32 or a NFS
 Alain> partition.

Some time ago I ran across the very same problem on a NFS
exported directory here at LRDE.  It turned out we were using
the userspace NFS server.  Switching to Linux' kernel NFS server
did the trick.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=549823

(Actually, not only unfsd caused trouble to configure, but I
think it is also responsible for trashing part of our version
control repository.)
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz