Re: testsuite slow and many errors on Darwin/Mac OS X

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: testsuite slow and many errors on Darwin/Mac OS X
Date: 12 Apr 2002 15:58:53 +0200

| Building autoconf 2.53.  Configure and make worked fine.
| config.status is available at:
|

| http://a4567.bates.edu/~jhart/autoconf-config.status.txt
|
| Next did "make check".  It ran overnight for a total of 621 cpu
| minutes on a 667 Mhz Powerbook G4.  There were many errors.  The
| results are available at:
|

| http://a4567.bates.edu/~jhart/autoconferrs.txt

Thanks, I know these errors, and the current CVS Autoconf is quite
fixed.  There remains test 15 which fails, but I don't know for the
rest of them: I have been expulsed from that machine :(

Can you try

        http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~akim/download/autoconf-2.53a.tar.gz

?  Thanks!

| Are the errors serious?  Do I dare install and use it?

No.

| Any idea why
| the tests took so long to run?

Because of Zsh which is the native /bin/sh on Darwin.

Running bash ./testsuite will speed it up incredibly.