Re: Appending to config.log

From: Peter Eisentraut
Subject: Re: Appending to config.log
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 13:39:32 +0200 (CEST)

Akim Demaille writes:

> If AC_RUN_COMMAND or similar fulfils, your needs, would that be
> enough, or would you still need some form of AC_MSG_LOG?

I've had a need for writing specific messages into the log.  Here's a
snippet that tests whether Ant (the java build tool) works:

    pgac_cmd='$ANT -buildfile conftest.xml 1>&2'
    AC_TRY_EVAL(pgac_cmd)
    pgac_save_status=$?
    if test $? = 0 && test -f ./conftest.class ; then
      pgac_cv_prog_ant_works=yes
    else
      echo "configure: failed java program was:" >&AS_MESSAGE_LOG_FD
      cat conftest.java >&AS_MESSAGE_LOG_FD
      echo "configure: failed build file was:" >&AS_MESSAGE_LOG_FD
      cat conftest.xml >&AS_MESSAGE_LOG_FD
      pgac_cv_prog_ant_works=no
    fi

This simulates the log output from regular compiler tests.

--
Peter Eisentraut   address@hidden