problem with AC_CONFIG_FILES

From: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: problem with AC_CONFIG_FILES
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 22:09:47 -0500

hi there,

here is yet another problem:

my configure.ac file contains a line like

AC_CONFIG_FILES([bin/Prague-config:config/Prague-config.in],
                [chmod +x bin/Prague-config])

meaning that I want to generate a file $top_builddir/bin/Prague-config
from $top_srcdir/config/Prague-config...

I get an error from config.status:

./config.status: /home/stefan/Fresco/Prague/bin: No such file or directory

(where '/home/stefan/Fresco/Prague' is my top_srcdir)

and after reading the config.status script, I understand that it tries
to define the ac_srcdir variable by stepping into $top_srcdir/bin and
calling 'pwd'. Obviously, that doesn't work, as the source tree doesn't
contain a directory 'bin'. Further I think srcdir should be 'config' in
that case, not 'bin', if ever it should be defined at all (if the file
template isn't located in the same relative path as the generated output.

Any comments ? Is this indeed a bug ? Or did I misunderstand something ?

Regards,
                Stefan