Libtool problem with autoconf 2.53

From: Jan Reimers
Subject: Libtool problem with autoconf 2.53
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:00:15 -0700

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this:

I am having trouble making shared libs with the latest autoconf/automake
packages:

>aclocal
>autoconf
configure.in:9: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

configure.in looks likt this:

## begin configure.in
AC_INIT(ReportFactory/Main.C)
AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(Reporting,1.0)
AC_PROG_CC
AC_PROG_CXX
AC_PROG_INSTALL
##AC_PROG_RANLIB
AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
AC_OUTPUT(Makefile)
## end configure.in

Installation Details:

>aclocal --version
aclocal (GNU automake) 1.6

Written by Tom Tromey <address@hidden>

>autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.53
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

>uname -a
Linux rd207249 2.4.7-10 #1 Thu Sep 6 17:27:27 EDT 2001 i686 unknown