Re: Absoft Define quotes problem

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Absoft Define quotes problem
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 18:20:44 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Enrico Ng <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 15:44:15 -0500
>
> like  -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"\"
> >
> > Sorry, I don't know.  In GNU/Linux and Unix and POSIX, you must have
> > those backslashes, because the shell treats \ and " specially.
> > Apparently you are not using GNU/Linux or Unix or POSIX; in that case,
> > I'm afraid that you're pretty much on your own.
> >

> Well, I am using this on Redhat and Solaris. AutoConf/AutoMake decides
> that it will add it in.

Then it is doing the right thing.  You normally need those backslashes
in those environments.

There must be something unusual about your setup, but it's not clear
to me that it's an Autoconf or Automake problem.  Perhaps you can
submit a complete, self-contained example that illustrates the
problem.