Re: cache directory is not removed

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: cache directory is not removed
Date: 10 Jun 2002 07:16:24 +0200

Am Fre, 2002-06-07 um 20.24 schrieb Bill Wendling:
> Also sprach Ralf Corsepius:
> } Am Fre, 2002-06-07 um 17.23 schrieb Sam Liddicott:
> } >
> } > I think this is a relavent question; you need to tweak your config files
> } > stop this from being included in the make dist tar ball.
> } If using automake, "make dist" does not put autom4te.caches into the
> } tarball.
> }
> Not all of us use automake but do use autoconf/autoheader.
Of cause, but ...

* packaging is not autoconf's job. Using automake is one option to ease
this situation and assist for these purposes.
It might sound trivial, but if not using such tools, you're essentially
on your own ;)

* You can't expect not having to change your custom-procedures (eg.
cut release tarball-scripts) if switching to a different
version of a tool, in general.

Or to rephrase it: Yes, autoconf >= 2.53 is incompatible to its
predecessors wrt. the topic discussed herein.