Re: auto-regenerating Makefile.in and Makefile files

From: Schleicher Ralph (LLI)
Subject: Re: auto-regenerating Makefile.in and Makefile files
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 09:00:03 +0200

Ralf Corsepius <address@hidden> writes:

> Am Mit, 2002-07-03 um 14.58 schrieb Schleicher Ralph (LLI):
> > To the Automake maintainers: please device a way for adding
> user-defined
> > configure options to configure when re-running configure (e.g., grep
> the
> > configure command line from config.log).
> Ernie answered this one ;)

I can remember a time (a few months ago) where it never works
satisfactory for me so I trained myself to bootstrap by hand
instead of trusting Automake's rules.  I never took the time
to trace down the problem completely but it was related to
--enable-maintainer-mode in conjunction with VPATH builds.

Anyway, I will drop my prejudice and go back trusting Automake.
When the problem shows up again, I'll submit a bug report to the
Automake maintainers.

Thanks for your time,

--
Ralph